Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Goulash


This dish is something we ask for often when we go home to visit my family.  It's definitely comfort food for me and my family.  We like to serve it with garlic toast.

Goulash
1 pound ground beef
1 large white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
1 tsp each salt and pepper
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 quart tomato juice (shake can before opening)
1  16 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup ketchup
2 bay leaves
1 Tbs mustard
1 Tbs Worcestershire
1/2 cup brown sugar

Cook beef, onion, garlic and drain off fat.  Add all ingredients in large roasting pan, cover and cook at 325 for 55 minutes or 350 for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.  Don't overcook or noodles get mushy.  Remove bay leaves before serving.  Serve with toast, grated Parmesan cheese and extra fresh pepper.

*serve hot goulash over spinach leaves ~ wilts them ever so perfectly...yum.  Try it.




1 comment:

  1. GOULASH!!!!! Yes! My Grandma would make a recipe very similar to this one and I LOVED it. I completely forgot about it until I saw your recipe. Beautiful recipe. It is now on the menu for next week when my parents come into town for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit Stella B's Kitchen and for sharing your thoughts and recipe results here in the comment section! I look forward to reading them!! I would love to respond personally to every one, but as a busy mom, I generally respond here on the blog rather than email. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...