Monday, May 13, 2013

Baby News!!


Hey Out There!  (If anyone is left perusing old Stella B's after I totally abandoned my post here!)  Our perfect little bundle joined us in February...yes, waaaaaay back in February.  She's been the sweetest, most enjoyable baby!  We are so in love with this little gal and are so blessed to have her in our lives.  

I have no idea how the heck some women out there can continue on, knocking out scrumptious looking photos and recipes day after day while mothering four small children.  I swear, it's not possible!  I even have a rock-star husband who comes home at night and puts out fires (not literally) on a regular basis after a long day of work...then on his afternoons off (and there aren't many days off) he catches us up on laundry, entertains the children and still has energy to work out at 5:00 a.m.  

Being our fourth child, our baby has been sleeping through the night since about 4 weeks old, for 4-5 hours at a time!  Make no mistake, just because SHE is sleeping, it doesn't mean the rest of the household has cooperated.  Our very healthy household of children began tag-teaming illnesses a couple weeks after we brought our baby home and between fevers, ear infections and wicked coughs, (and an old dog that has a bladder the size of a walnut) let's just say, I am not sleeping when baby sleeps, as those books like to suggest we should do.  One memorable week was visiting our pediatrician three times for three different children only to have her meet us at the back door of the clinic because of an emergency on a Saturday morning ...one of the children ended up being allergic to the ear drops prescribed, her head was swelling and she was in excruciating pain.  

The funny thing is, I wouldn't have it any other way.  Sleep is over-rated when you get to experience life with children and they are growing up so fast, I know it won't last forever.  My cooking lately is slightly above the level of complete suckage.  And while my food photos are embarrassingly bad, the photos of my kids are precious and perfect!  I'll take those any day!  I am just starting to go back online, reading favorite blogs and realizing how pathetic my own looks right now and dream of a complete overhaul at this space.
Blue eyes and a mohawk!  Look how much she's grown already!  I'm starting to plan our garden and cannot wait for school to be out for the summer.  The tulips in the front are almost opened and I'm happy our days of snow and cold are over.  

Thanks for stopping by!!  My goal is to start back with simple posts and get back into a routine here.  Wish me luck:)



4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and your family!! Don't be so hard on yourself, as time goes by you will have space for "perfect" food photos and blogs AND doing everything you want. Until then, know you are missed dearly and thought of often. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you posted this a while ago, but I wanted to tell you how happy I am for you and your family. Your baby is absolutely darling! The blog can wait, your sweet babies cannot. Come back when the time is right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well how in the world are you Stella? Your family and new baby girl are all just beautiful. I am so very happy for you. I miss you and hope all is well. In the whole scheme of things - blogging is just not that important - as I am learning all the time. I blog less and less and now feel I need a serious break. I will never quit completely but can't make the commitment anymore. Your children will grow fast and I hope you enjoy every single minute. I have a 21 month old grandson that I get to see almost every weekend so my time for cooking and blogging is stretched thin. Working full time and having a life - well I guess something has to go! Take care - many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed reading all your posts and trying your recipes. I hope your family is excited for this holiday season. Also, glad to know you are in MN also. Take care, Maruki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit Stella B's Kitchen and for sharing your thoughts and recipe results here in the comment section! I look forward to reading them!! I would love to respond personally to every one, but as a busy mom, I generally respond here on the blog rather than email. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...